AvaTrade vs Tradeo Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare AvaTrade vs Tradeo.
Can I trust AvaTrade?
AvaTrade has a trust score of 93, giving it a "Highly Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust Tradeo?
Tradeo has a trust score of 67, giving it a "High Risk" trust label.
Is AvaTrade a good broker?
AvaTrade is a well-rounded, trusted broker that offers excellent educational resources and great social copy trading tools. AvaTrade's commissions and market research are close to the industry average, and traders gain access to AvaTrade's proprietary platforms as well as third-party favorites like MetaTrader.
Is Tradeo a good broker?
Tradeo offers a proprietary platform that comes with a limited offering of products and services, and its educational content and research materials can't compete with the best forex and CFD brokers. In addition, Tradeo holds just one regulatory license, bringing its trust factor well below the industry average.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. AvaTrade is Australia (ASIC Authorised), Canada (CIRO Authorised), CBI Authorised (Ireland) and Japan (SFC Authorised), while Tradeo is none.. Neither have Hong Kong (SFC Authorised), Singapore (MAS Authorised), New Zealand (FMA Authorised), Switzerland (FINMA Authorised), United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised) and USA (CFTC Authorized)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, AvaTrade is Cyprus (CySEC Authorised), Israel (ISA Authorised), South Africa (FSCA Authorised) and UAE (DFSA/Central Bank Authorised), while Tradeo is Cyprus (CySEC Authorised).. Neither have China (CBRC Authorised), India (SEBI Authorised), Russia (CBR Authorised) and Thailand (SEC Authorised). When comparing tier-3 licenses AvaTrade is British Virgin Islands (FSC Authorised), while Tradeo is none.. Neither have Bahamas (SCB Authorised), Belize (FSC Authorised), Bermuda (BMA Authorised), Cayman Islands (CIMA Authorised), Mauritius (FSC Authorised) and Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms AvaTrade supports a Proprietary Platform, Desktop Platform (Windows), DupliTrade and ZuluTrade, whereas Tradeo supports a Desktop Platform (Windows).. Neither have cTrader
Does AvaTrade offer MetaTrader? Does Tradeo offer MetaTrader?
Both AvaTrade and Tradeo offer the whole MetaTrader suite, which consists of both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. If you’re new to MetaTrader 4 here’s our educational guide on how to use MT4.
How do AvaTrade and Tradeo differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
AvaTrade requires a minimum deposit of $100, while Tradeo requires a minimum deposit of $200. From our testing we found AvaTrade offers spreads of 0.92, while Tradeo offers spreads of N/A. AvaTrade supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit), PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for popular funding options, where Tradeo supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw).
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, AvaTrade or Tradeo?
AvaTrade offers a more diverse selection of investment options than Tradeo allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Spread Betting, Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals and U.S. Stocks (CFD). Looking at total tradeable symbols, AvaTrade has 1260, compared to 256 from Tradeo.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with AvaTrade or Tradeo?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither AvaTrade nor Tradeo allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, AvaTrade or Tradeo?
In terms of research and research tools AvaTrade gives traders the following tools: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison Tradeo has the tools listed here: Stock Charts, Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading.. Neither have Autochartist
Overall winner: AvaTrade
Popular Forex Reviews
Popular Forex Guides
We review each broker’s overall global offering – a “Yes” checkmark in our Compare Tool does not guarantee the availability of any specific features in your country of residence. To verify the availability of any features within your country of residence, please contact the broker directly.