City Index vs Vantage Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare City Index vs Vantage.
Can I trust City Index?
City Index has a trust score of 99, giving it a "Highly Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust Vantage?
Vantage has a trust score of 89, giving it a "Trusted" trust label.
Is City Index a good broker?
City Index, part of StoneX Group, is a trusted broker with a long history of offering forex and CFDs across its global offices. City Index provides a large range of markets on its flagship trading platform suite, but pricing is just average, and only a few markets are available on City Index's MetaTrader platform.
Is Vantage a good broker?
Vantage is a trusted brand that offers a growing range of markets along with support for the MetaTrader platform suite, social copy-trading platforms, full integration with TradingView, and a proprietary mobile app. That said, its educational content and market research materials can't compete with the best forex brokers.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. City Index is Australia (ASIC Authorised), Canada (SRO Authorised), Singapore (MAS Authorised) and United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised), while Vantage is Australia (ASIC Authorised) and United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised).. Neither have Hong Kong (SFC Authorised), CBI Authorised (Ireland), Japan (SFC Authorised), New Zealand (FMA Authorised), Switzerland (FINMA Authorised) and USA (CFTC Authorized)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, City Index is Cyprus (CySEC Authorised) and UAE (DFSA/Central Bank Authorised), while Vantage is South Africa (FSCA Authorised).. Neither have China (CBRC Authorised), India (SEBI Authorised), Israel (ISA Authorised), Russia (CBR Authorised) and Thailand (SEC Authorised). When comparing tier-3 licenses City Index is Cayman Islands (CIMA Authorised), while Vantage is Cayman Islands (CIMA Authorised) and Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).. Neither have Bahamas (SCB Authorised), Belize (FSC Authorised), Bermuda (BMA Authorised), British Virgin Islands (FSC Authorised) and Mauritius (FSC Authorised).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms City Index supports a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows), whereas Vantage supports a Proprietary Platform, Desktop Platform (Windows), DupliTrade and ZuluTrade.. Neither have cTrader
Does City Index offer MetaTrader? Does Vantage offer MetaTrader?
For MetaTrader City Index provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4), while Vantage provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5). If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers.
How do City Index and Vantage differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
City Index requires a minimum deposit of £100.00, while Vantage requires a minimum deposit of $50. From our testing we found City Index offers spreads of 1.0 , while Vantage offers spreads of 1.30. City Index supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) for popular funding options, where Vantage supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw).
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, City Index or Vantage?
City Index offers a more diverse selection of investment options than Vantage allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Spread Betting, Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals, ETF and U.S. Stocks (CFD). Looking at total tradeable symbols, City Index has 13500, compared to 1000 from Vantage.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with City Index or Vantage?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither City Index nor Vantage allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, City Index or Vantage?
Both City Index and Vantage offer a complete suite of research, providing traders with these tools: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading.. Neither have Autochartist
Overall winner: City Index
Popular Forex Reviews
Popular Forex Guides
We review each broker’s overall global offering – a “Yes” checkmark in our Compare Tool does not guarantee the availability of any specific features in your country of residence. To verify the availability of any features within your country of residence, please contact the broker directly.