TD Ameritrade vs Fineco Bank Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare TD Ameritrade vs Fineco Bank.
Can I trust TD Ameritrade?
TD Ameritrade has a trust score of 99, giving it a "Highly Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust Fineco Bank?
Fineco Bank has a trust score of 92, giving it a "Highly Trusted" trust label.
Is TD Ameritrade a good broker?
TD Ameritrade, part of financial conglomerate Charles Schwab, is a leader in platform technology and trusted by millions of investors globally with trillions in assets under its brands. Available exclusively to U.S. residents, TD Ameritrade's forex offering consists of just over 70 currency pairs, along with powerful research, trading tools, and comprehensive educational resources for investing.
Is Fineco Bank a good broker?
FinecoBank is a trusted brand catering to forex and CFD traders, and listed on the Italian Stock Exchange. Operating out of the U.K. and Italy, traders aren't permitted to open online accounts with Fineco unless they are a resident of the U.K. or Italy (or are applying as EU residents – at an actual Fineco branch office).
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. TD Ameritrade is Hong Kong (SFC Authorised), Singapore (MAS Authorised), United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised) and USA (CFTC Authorized), while Fineco Bank is Australia (ASIC Authorised) and United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised).. Neither have Canada (SRO Authorised), CBI Authorised (Ireland), Japan (SFC Authorised), New Zealand (FMA Authorised) and Switzerland (FINMA Authorised)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, unfortunately, neither TD Ameritrade nor Fineco Bank are China (CBRC Authorised), Cyprus (CySEC Authorised), India (SEBI Authorised), Israel (ISA Authorised), Russia (CBR Authorised), South Africa (FSCA Authorised), Thailand (SEC Authorised) and UAE (DFSA/Central Bank Authorised).. Neither have UAE (DFSA/Central Bank Authorised). When comparing tier-3 licenses unfortunately, neither TD Ameritrade nor Fineco Bank are Bahamas (SCB Authorised), Belize (FSC Authorised), Bermuda (BMA Authorised), British Virgin Islands (FSC Authorised), Cayman Islands (CIMA Authorised), Mauritius (FSC Authorised) and Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).. Neither have Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
Both TD Ameritrade and Fineco Bank offer a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows).. Neither have cTrader, DupliTrade and ZuluTrade
Does TD Ameritrade offer MetaTrader? Does Fineco Bank offer MetaTrader?
Neither TD Ameritrade or Fineco Bank offer MT4 or MT5. If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers.. Neither have MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5)
How do TD Ameritrade and Fineco Bank differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
TD Ameritrade requires a minimum deposit of $0, while Fineco Bank requires a minimum deposit of $0. From our testing we found TD Ameritrade offers spreads of 1.25, while Fineco Bank offers spreads of N/A. Both TD Ameritrade and Fineco Bank offer Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw) for deposits.. Neither have Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit), PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw)
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, TD Ameritrade or Fineco Bank?
TD Ameritrade offers a more diverse selection of investment options than Fineco Bank allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs).. Neither have Spread Betting and Social Trading / Copy Trading Looking at total tradeable symbols, TD Ameritrade has 0, compared to 126 from Fineco Bank.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with TD Ameritrade or Fineco Bank?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither TD Ameritrade nor Fineco Bank allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, TD Ameritrade or Fineco Bank?
In terms of research and research tools TD Ameritrade gives traders the following tools: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts and Forex News (Top-Tier Sources). In comparison Fineco Bank has the tools listed here: Stock Charts and Forex News (Top-Tier Sources).. Neither have Autochartist, Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading
Overall winner: TD Ameritrade
Popular Forex Reviews
Popular Forex Guides
We review each broker’s overall global offering – a “Yes” checkmark in our Compare Tool does not guarantee the availability of any specific features in your country of residence. To verify the availability of any features within your country of residence, please contact the broker directly.