LegacyFX vs TopFX Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare LegacyFX vs TopFX.
Can I trust LegacyFX?
LegacyFX has a trust score of 66, giving it a "High Risk" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust TopFX?
TopFX has a trust score of 67, giving it a "High Risk" trust label.
Is LegacyFX a good broker?
While primarily a MetaTrader broker, LegacyFX offers a decent range of markets and provides average educational content and research. That said, LegacyFX's pricing and range of markets can't compete with the best MetaTrader brokers.
Is TopFX a good broker?
TopFX lags behind the industry average when it comes to market research and education, yet offers a growing selection of markets that you can trade on the MetaTrader and cTrader platforms.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. unfortunately, neither LegacyFX nor TopFX are Australia (ASIC Authorised), Canada (SRO Authorised), Hong Kong (SFC Authorised), CBI Authorised (Ireland), Japan (SFC Authorised), Singapore (MAS Authorised), New Zealand (FMA Authorised), Switzerland (FINMA Authorised), United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised) and USA (CFTC Authorized).. Neither have USA (CFTC Authorized)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, both LegacyFX and TopFX are Cyprus (CySEC Authorised).. Neither have China (CBRC Authorised), India (SEBI Authorised), Israel (ISA Authorised), Russia (CBR Authorised), South Africa (FSCA Authorised), Thailand (SEC Authorised) and UAE (DFSA/Central Bank Authorised). When comparing tier-3 licenses LegacyFX is Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised), while TopFX is none.. Neither have Bahamas (SCB Authorised), Belize (FSC Authorised), Bermuda (BMA Authorised), British Virgin Islands (FSC Authorised), Cayman Islands (CIMA Authorised) and Mauritius (FSC Authorised).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms LegacyFX supports a Desktop Platform (Windows), whereas TopFX supports a Desktop Platform (Windows) and cTrader.. Neither have Proprietary Platform, DupliTrade and ZuluTrade
Does LegacyFX offer MetaTrader? Does TopFX offer MetaTrader?
For MetaTrader LegacyFX provides MetaTrader 5 (MT5), while TopFX provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4). If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers.
How do LegacyFX and TopFX differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
LegacyFX requires a minimum deposit of $500, while TopFX requires a minimum deposit of Depends on payment method. From our testing we found LegacyFX offers spreads of N/A, while TopFX offers spreads of N/A. LegacyFX supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for popular funding options, where TopFX supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit), PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw).
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, LegacyFX or TopFX?
LegacyFX offers a more diverse selection of investment options than TopFX allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals, ETF and U.S. Stocks (CFD).. Neither have Spread Betting Looking at total tradeable symbols, LegacyFX has 425, compared to 655 from TopFX.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with LegacyFX or TopFX?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither LegacyFX nor TopFX allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, LegacyFX or TopFX?
In terms of research and research tools LegacyFX gives traders the following tools: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison TopFX has the tools listed here: Autochartist, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading.
Overall winner: LegacyFX
Popular Forex Reviews
Popular Forex Guides
We review each broker’s overall global offering – a “Yes” checkmark in our Compare Tool does not guarantee the availability of any specific features in your country of residence. To verify the availability of any features within your country of residence, please contact the broker directly.