Saxo Bank vs Moneta Markets Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare Saxo Bank vs Moneta Markets.
Can I trust Saxo Bank?
Saxo Bank has a trust score of 99, giving it a "Highly Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust Moneta Markets?
Moneta Markets has a trust score of 71, giving it a "Average Risk" trust label.
Is Saxo Bank a good broker?
Saxo Bank is a highly-trusted broker that ranks near the top in practically every category. It provides traders and investors with an incredible platform experience (including on mobile) alongside powerful research and a vast selection of more than 40,000 symbols to trade across multiple asset classes.
Is Moneta Markets a good broker?
Moneta Markets, part of the Vantage Group, is an up and coming brand that provides MetaTrader alongside its own web and mobile apps. That said, its pricing, education, and research still have room to improve if it wants to compete with the best forex brokers.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. Saxo Bank is Australia (ASIC Authorised), Hong Kong (SFC Authorised), Japan (SFC Authorised), Singapore (MAS Authorised) and United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised), while Moneta Markets is Australia (ASIC Authorised).. Neither have Canada (SRO Authorised), CBI Authorised (Ireland), New Zealand (FMA Authorised), Switzerland (FINMA Authorised) and USA (CFTC Authorized)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, Saxo Bank is UAE (DFSA/Central Bank Authorised), while Moneta Markets is South Africa (FSCA Authorised).. Neither have China (CBRC Authorised), Cyprus (CySEC Authorised), India (SEBI Authorised), Israel (ISA Authorised), Russia (CBR Authorised) and Thailand (SEC Authorised). When comparing tier-3 licenses unfortunately, neither Saxo Bank nor Moneta Markets are Bahamas (SCB Authorised), Belize (FSC Authorised), Bermuda (BMA Authorised), British Virgin Islands (FSC Authorised), Cayman Islands (CIMA Authorised), Mauritius (FSC Authorised) and Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).. Neither have Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms Saxo Bank supports a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows), whereas Moneta Markets supports a Desktop Platform (Windows), DupliTrade and ZuluTrade.. Neither have cTrader
Does Saxo Bank offer MetaTrader? Does Moneta Markets offer MetaTrader?
For MetaTrader Saxo Bank provides neither of these, while Moneta Markets provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5). If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers.
How do Saxo Bank and Moneta Markets differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
Saxo Bank requires a minimum deposit of €2,000, while Moneta Markets requires a minimum deposit of $50. From our testing we found Saxo Bank offers spreads of 0.9, while Moneta Markets offers spreads of 1.27. Both Saxo Bank and Moneta Markets offer Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw) and Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) for deposits.. Neither have PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw)
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, Saxo Bank or Moneta Markets?
Both Saxo Bank and Moneta Markets allow you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals, ETF and U.S. Stocks (CFD).. Neither have Spread Betting Looking at total tradeable symbols, Saxo Bank has 60000, compared to 965 from Moneta Markets.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with Saxo Bank or Moneta Markets?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither Saxo Bank nor Moneta Markets allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, Saxo Bank or Moneta Markets?
In terms of research and research tools Saxo Bank gives traders the following tools: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison Moneta Markets has the tools listed here: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading.
Overall winner: Saxo Bank
Popular Forex Reviews
Popular Forex Guides
We review each broker’s overall global offering – a “Yes” checkmark in our Compare Tool does not guarantee the availability of any specific features in your country of residence. To verify the availability of any features within your country of residence, please contact the broker directly.