Admiral Markets vs ThinkMarkets Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare Admiral Markets vs ThinkMarkets.
Can I trust Admiral Markets?
Admiral Markets has a trust score of 87, giving it a "Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust ThinkMarkets?
ThinkMarkets has a trust score of 86, giving it a "Trusted" trust label.
Is Admiral Markets a good broker?
Admiral Markets is a multi-asset broker that has a powerful MetaTrader offering. Admiral Markets offers numerous platform add-ons and tools, and provides traders with premium research and excellent investor education resources.
Is ThinkMarkets a good broker?
ThinkMarkets offers the full MetaTrader platform suite alongside its proprietary ThinkTrader platform. ThinkMarkets has a growing selection of regulatory licenses, available markets, research materials, and educational content, yet still has room to improve in all of these important categories.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. Admiral Markets is ASIC Authorised (Australia) and FCA Authorised (U.K.), while ThinkMarkets is ASIC Authorised (Australia), FSA Authorised (Japan) and FCA Authorised (U.K.)., neither have IIROC Authorised (Canada), SFC Authorised (Hong Kong), CBI Authorised (Ireland), MAS Authorised (Singapore), FMA Authorised (New Zealand), FINMA Authorised (Switzerland) and CFTC Registered (USA)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, Admiral Markets is CySEC Authorised (Cyprus), while ThinkMarkets is CySEC Authorised (Cyprus) and FSCA Authorised (South Africa)., neither have CBRC Authorised (China), SEBI Authorised (India), ISA Authorised (Israel), CBR Authorised (Russia), SEC Authorised (Thailand) and DFSA / Central Bank Authorised (UAE). When comparing tier-3 licenses unfortunately, neither Admiral Markets nor ThinkMarkets are SCB Authorised (Bahamas), IFSC Authorised (Belize), BMA Authorised (Bermuda), FSC Authorised (British Virgin Islands), CIMA Authorised (Cayman Islands), FSC Authorised (Mauritius) and VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu)., neither have VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms Admiral Markets supports a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows), whereas ThinkMarkets supports a Proprietary Platform, Desktop Platform (Windows) and ZuluTrade., neither have cTrader and DupliTrade
Does Admiral Markets offer MetaTrader? Does ThinkMarkets offer MetaTrader?
Both Admiral Markets and ThinkMarkets offer the whole MetaTrader suite, which consists of both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. If you’re new to MetaTrader 4 here’s our educational guide on how to use MT4.
How do Admiral Markets and ThinkMarkets differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
Admiral Markets requires a minimum deposit of $100, while ThinkMarkets requires a minimum deposit of $250.00. From our testing we found Admiral Markets offers spreads of 0.8 (July 2021), while ThinkMarkets offers spreads of N/A. Admiral Markets supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit), PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for popular funding options, where ThinkMarkets supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw).
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, Admiral Markets or ThinkMarkets?
Admiral Markets offers a more diverse selection of investment options than ThinkMarkets allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Spread Betting, Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals, ETF and U.S. Stocks (CFD). Looking at total tradeable symbols, Admiral Markets has 8425, compared to 1674 from ThinkMarkets.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with Admiral Markets or ThinkMarkets?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither Admiral Markets nor ThinkMarkets allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, Admiral Markets or ThinkMarkets?
Both Admiral Markets and ThinkMarkets offer a complete suite of research, providing traders with these tools: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading., neither have Autochartist
Overall winner: Admiral Markets
Popular Forex Reviews
Popular Forex Guides
We review each broker’s overall global offering – a “Yes” checkmark in our Compare Tool does not guarantee the availability of any specific features in your country of residence. To verify the availability of any features within your country of residence, please contact the broker directly.