OctaFX vs Alpari Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare OctaFX vs Alpari.
Can I trust OctaFX?
OctaFX has a trust score of 69, giving it a "High Risk" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust Alpari?
Alpari has a trust score of 67, giving it a "High Risk" trust label.
Is OctaFX a good broker?
OctaFX is a MetaTrader broker that boasts its own social copy trading platform, developed in-house. OctaFX has decent pricing, but a narrow range of markets to trade and fewer regulatory licenses than you'd find with the best brokers in the industry.
Is Alpari a good broker?
Alpari is one of the oldest MetaTrader brokers, and an early pioneer of social copy-trading. Best known in Eastern Europe, Alpari offers a small but growing selection of CFD markets and platform tools, but lacks regulatory licenses in top-tier jurisdictions.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. unfortunately, neither OctaFX nor Alpari are Australia (ASIC Authorised), Canada (SRO Authorised), Hong Kong (SFC Authorised), CBI Authorised (Ireland), Japan (SFC Authorised), Singapore (MAS Authorised), New Zealand (FMA Authorised), Switzerland (FINMA Authorised), United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised) and USA (CFTC Authorized).. Neither have USA (CFTC Authorized)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, OctaFX is Cyprus (CySEC Authorised) and South Africa (FSCA Authorised), while Alpari is none.. Neither have China (CBRC Authorised), India (SEBI Authorised), Israel (ISA Authorised), Russia (CBR Authorised), Thailand (SEC Authorised) and UAE (DFSA/Central Bank Authorised). When comparing tier-3 licenses OctaFX is none, while Alpari is Mauritius (FSC Authorised).. Neither have Bahamas (SCB Authorised), Belize (FSC Authorised), Bermuda (BMA Authorised), British Virgin Islands (FSC Authorised), Cayman Islands (CIMA Authorised) and Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
Both OctaFX and Alpari offer a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows).. Neither have cTrader, DupliTrade and ZuluTrade
Does OctaFX offer MetaTrader? Does Alpari offer MetaTrader?
Both OctaFX and Alpari offer the whole MetaTrader suite, which consists of both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. If you’re new to MetaTrader 4 here’s our educational guide on how to use MT4.
How do OctaFX and Alpari differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
OctaFX requires a minimum deposit of $25, while Alpari requires a minimum deposit of $20. From our testing we found OctaFX offers spreads of 0.9, while Alpari offers spreads of N/A. Both OctaFX and Alpari offer Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for deposits.. Neither have PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw)
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, OctaFX or Alpari?
OctaFX offers a more diverse selection of investment options than Alpari allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies and U.S. Stocks (CFD).. Neither have Spread Betting, Agriculturals and ETF Looking at total tradeable symbols, OctaFX has 229, compared to 105 from Alpari.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with OctaFX or Alpari?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither OctaFX nor Alpari allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, OctaFX or Alpari?
In terms of research and research tools OctaFX gives traders the following tools: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison Alpari has the tools listed here: Autochartist, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading.. Neither have Trading Central (Recognia)
Overall winner: OctaFX
Popular Forex Reviews
Popular Forex Guides
We review each broker’s overall global offering – a “Yes” checkmark in our Compare Tool does not guarantee the availability of any specific features in your country of residence. To verify the availability of any features within your country of residence, please contact the broker directly.