BDSwiss vs OctaFX Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare BDSwiss vs OctaFX.
Can I trust BDSwiss?
BDSwiss has a trust score of 83, giving it a "Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust OctaFX?
OctaFX has a trust score of 67, giving it a "High Risk" trust label.
Is BDSwiss a good broker?
BDSwiss is a MetaTrader broker that also offers a proprietary mobile app and a growing range of markets to trade. While pricing is not its best feature, BDSwiss publishes its trade statistics in an effort to highlight its execution quality.
Is OctaFX a good broker?
OctaFX is a MetaTrader broker that boasts its own social copy trading platform, developed in-house. OctaFX has decent pricing, but a narrow range of markets to trade and fewer regulatory licenses than you'd find with the best brokers in the industry.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. BDSwiss is FCA Authorised (U.K.), while OctaFX is none., neither have ASIC Authorised (Australia), IIROC Authorised (Canada), SFC Authorised (Hong Kong), CBI Authorised (Ireland), FSA Authorised (Japan), MAS Authorised (Singapore), FMA Authorised (New Zealand), FINMA Authorised (Switzerland) and CFTC Registered (USA)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, both BDSwiss and OctaFX are CySEC Authorised (Cyprus)., neither have CBRC Authorised (China), SEBI Authorised (India), ISA Authorised (Israel), CBR Authorised (Russia), FSCA Authorised (South Africa), SEC Authorised (Thailand) and DFSA / Central Bank Authorised (UAE). When comparing tier-3 licenses BDSwiss is FSC Authorised (Mauritius), while OctaFX is none., neither have SCB Authorised (Bahamas), IFSC Authorised (Belize), BMA Authorised (Bermuda), FSC Authorised (British Virgin Islands), CIMA Authorised (Cayman Islands) and VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
Both BDSwiss and OctaFX offer a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows)., neither have cTrader, DupliTrade and ZuluTrade
Does BDSwiss offer MetaTrader? Does OctaFX offer MetaTrader?
Both BDSwiss and OctaFX offer the whole MetaTrader suite, which consists of both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. If you’re new to MetaTrader 4 here’s our educational guide on how to use MT4.
How do BDSwiss and OctaFX differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
BDSwiss requires a minimum deposit of $100-$5000 (depending on account type), while OctaFX requires a minimum deposit of $25. From our testing we found BDSwiss offers spreads of 1.6 (08/10/22), while OctaFX offers spreads of 0.6 (August 2021). Both BDSwiss and OctaFX offer Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for deposits., neither have PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw)
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, BDSwiss or OctaFX?
Both BDSwiss and OctaFX allow you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies and U.S. Stocks (CFD)., neither have Spread Betting, Agriculturals and ETF Looking at total tradeable symbols, BDSwiss has 1081, compared to 80 from OctaFX.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with BDSwiss or OctaFX?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither BDSwiss nor OctaFX allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, BDSwiss or OctaFX?
In terms of research and research tools BDSwiss gives traders the following tools: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison OctaFX has the tools listed here: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading., neither have Trading Central (Recognia)