FlowBank vs FXOpen Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare FlowBank vs FXOpen.
Can I trust FlowBank?
FlowBank has a trust score of 80, giving it a "Average Risk" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust FXOpen?
FXOpen has a trust score of 80, giving it a "Trusted" trust label.
Is FlowBank a good broker?
Founded in 2020, FlowBank is a relatively new forex broker that has rapidly expanded its offering of investment products. Traders at FlowBank gain access to the full MetaTrader suite (both MT4 and MT5) and enjoy the benefits associated with holding a Swiss bank account alongside the ability to trade forex and CFDs. FlowBank is regulated in Switzerland, but lacks the additional regulatory licenses held by the most trusted brokers.
Is FXOpen a good broker?
Founded in 2003, FXOpen is a trusted broker that is regulated in multiple Tier-1 regulatory jurisdictions, boosting its overall Trust Score. FXOpen offers the full MetaTrader suite (both MT4and MT5) alongside the TickTrader platform, though the broker's MetaTrader offering is relatively unimpressive. With an extremely small number of tradeable markets and a limited selection of educational materials, FXOpen simply can't compete with the best forex brokers.
What Tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. FlowBank is none, while FXOpen is Australia (ASIC Authorised) and United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised).. Neither have Canada (CIRO Authorised), Hong Kong (SFC Authorised), CBI Authorised (Ireland), Japan (SFC Authorised), Singapore (MAS Authorised), New Zealand (FMA Authorised), Switzerland (FINMA Authorised) and USA (CFTC Authorized)
What Tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about Tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, FlowBank is none, while FXOpen is Cyprus (CySEC Authorised).. Neither have China (CBRC Authorised), India (SEBI Authorised), Israel (ISA Authorised), Russia (CBR Authorised), South Africa (FSCA Authorised), Thailand (SEC Authorised) and UAE (DFSA/Central Bank Authorised). When comparing tier-3 licenses unfortunately, neither FlowBank nor FXOpen are Bahamas (SCB Authorised), Belize (FSC Authorised), Bermuda (BMA Authorised), British Virgin Islands (FSC Authorised), Cayman Islands (CIMA Authorised), Mauritius (FSC Authorised) and Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).. Neither have Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms FlowBank supports a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows), whereas FXOpen supports a Desktop Platform (Windows) and ZuluTrade.. Neither have cTrader and DupliTrade
Does FlowBank offer MetaTrader? Does FXOpen offer MetaTrader?
Both FlowBank and FXOpen offer the whole MetaTrader suite, which consists of both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. If you’re new to MetaTrader 4 here’s our educational guide on how to use MT4.
How do FlowBank and FXOpen differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
FlowBank requires a minimum deposit of $0, while FXOpen requires a minimum deposit of $100. From our testing we found FlowBank offers spreads of N/A, while FXOpen offers spreads of N/A. FlowBank supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw) for popular funding options, where FXOpen supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw).. Neither have PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw)
Which broker offers more tradeable asset classes, FlowBank or FXOpen?
FlowBank offers a more diverse selection of investment options than FXOpen allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals, ETF and U.S. Stocks (CFD).. Neither have Spread Betting Looking at total tradeable symbols, FlowBank has 408600, compared to 87 from FXOpen.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with FlowBank or FXOpen?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither FlowBank nor FXOpen allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, FlowBank or FXOpen?
Both FlowBank and FXOpen offer a complete suite of research, providing traders with these tools: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading.. Neither have Autochartist and Trading Central (Recognia)
Overall winner: FlowBank
Popular Forex Reviews
Popular Forex Guides
We review each broker’s overall global offering – a “Yes” checkmark in our Compare Tool does not guarantee the availability of any specific features in your country of residence. To verify the availability of any features within your country of residence, please contact the broker directly.