FP Markets vs Tickmill Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare FP Markets vs Tickmill.
Can I trust FP Markets?
FP Markets has a trust score of 87, giving it a "Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust Tickmill?
Tickmill has a trust score of 83, giving it a "Trusted" trust label.
Is FP Markets a good broker?
FP Markets is a great option for traders who are looking for low-cost forex brokers. Beyond its excellent pricing, FP Markets delivers access to both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5, as well as cTrader and its own copy trading platform. That being said, FP Markets' pricing is not as low on its IRESS platform, which is optimized for share dealing. FP Markets fares well across most key categories, though its research and education have room to improve.
Is Tickmill a good broker?
Tickmill is an excellent multi-asset broker that offers truly low-cost forex trading; the broker's Pro and VIP accounts are among the least expensive in the industry. Tickmill provides both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5, as well as third-party services like TradingView and Signal Centre, powered by Acuity Trading. Tickmill's overall offering continues to grow, but it offers fewer CFDs than the best multi-asset forex brokers.
What Tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. FP Markets is Australia (ASIC Authorised), while Tickmill is United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised).. Neither have Canada (CIRO Authorised), Hong Kong (SFC Authorised), CBI Authorised (Ireland), Japan (SFC Authorised), Singapore (MAS Authorised), New Zealand (FMA Authorised), Switzerland (FINMA Authorised) and USA (CFTC Authorized)
What Tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about Tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, both FP Markets and Tickmill are Cyprus (CySEC Authorised) and South Africa (FSCA Authorised).. Neither have China (CBRC Authorised), India (SEBI Authorised), Israel (ISA Authorised), Russia (CBR Authorised), Thailand (SEC Authorised) and UAE (DFSA/Central Bank Authorised). When comparing tier-3 licenses unfortunately, neither FP Markets nor Tickmill are Bahamas (SCB Authorised), Belize (FSC Authorised), Bermuda (BMA Authorised), British Virgin Islands (FSC Authorised), Cayman Islands (CIMA Authorised), Mauritius (FSC Authorised) and Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).. Neither have Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms FP Markets supports a Proprietary Platform, Desktop Platform (Windows) and cTrader, whereas Tickmill supports a Desktop Platform (Windows).. Neither have DupliTrade and ZuluTrade
Does FP Markets offer MetaTrader? Does Tickmill offer MetaTrader?
Both FP Markets and Tickmill offer the whole MetaTrader suite, which consists of both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. If you’re new to MetaTrader 4 here’s our educational guide on how to use MT4.
How do FP Markets and Tickmill differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
FP Markets requires a minimum deposit of $100 AUD, while Tickmill requires a minimum deposit of $100. From our testing we found FP Markets offers spreads of 1.2, while Tickmill offers spreads of 0.51. Both FP Markets and Tickmill offer Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit), PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for deposits.
Which broker offers more tradeable asset classes, FP Markets or Tickmill?
Both FP Markets and Tickmill allow you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals and U.S. Stocks (CFD).. Neither have Spread Betting and ETF Looking at total tradeable symbols, FP Markets has 10000, compared to 725 from Tickmill.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with FP Markets or Tickmill?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither FP Markets nor Tickmill allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, FP Markets or Tickmill?
Both FP Markets and Tickmill offer a complete suite of research, providing traders with these tools: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading.. Neither have Trading Central (Recognia)
Overall winner: FP Markets
Popular Forex Reviews
Popular Forex Guides
We review each broker’s overall global offering – a “Yes” checkmark in our Compare Tool does not guarantee the availability of any specific features in your country of residence. To verify the availability of any features within your country of residence, please contact the broker directly.