FXOpen vs FXPrimus Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare FXOpen vs FXPrimus.
Can I trust FXOpen?
FXOpen has a trust score of 80, giving it a "Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust FXPrimus?
FXPrimus has a trust score of 71, giving it a "Average Risk" trust label.
Is FXOpen a good broker?
Founded in 2003, FXOpen is a trusted broker that is regulated in multiple Tier-1 regulatory jurisdictions, boosting its overall Trust Score. FXOpen offers the full MetaTrader suite (both MT4and MT5) alongside the TickTrader platform, though the broker's MetaTrader offering is relatively unimpressive. With an extremely small number of tradeable markets and a limited selection of educational materials, FXOpen simply can't compete with the best forex brokers.
Is FXPrimus a good broker?
Founded in 2009, FXPrimus offers cTrader as well as the full MetaTrader suite (both MT4and MT5), but offers fewer than 140 symbols that can be traded from within its platform. Despite carrying indemnity insurance from its Vanuatu-regulated entity and holding a regulatory license in Cyprus, FXPrimus' lack of additional top-tier licenses brings down its overall Trust Score rating.
What Tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. FXOpen is Australia (ASIC Authorised) and United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised), while FXPrimus is none.. Neither have Canada (CIRO Authorised), Hong Kong (SFC Authorised), CBI Authorised (Ireland), Japan (SFC Authorised), Singapore (MAS Authorised), New Zealand (FMA Authorised), Switzerland (FINMA Authorised) and USA (CFTC Authorized)
What Tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about Tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, both FXOpen and FXPrimus are Cyprus (CySEC Authorised).. Neither have China (CBRC Authorised), India (SEBI Authorised), Israel (ISA Authorised), Russia (CBR Authorised), South Africa (FSCA Authorised), Thailand (SEC Authorised) and UAE (DFSA/Central Bank Authorised). When comparing tier-3 licenses FXOpen is none, while FXPrimus is Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).. Neither have Bahamas (SCB Authorised), Belize (FSC Authorised), Bermuda (BMA Authorised), British Virgin Islands (FSC Authorised), Cayman Islands (CIMA Authorised) and Mauritius (FSC Authorised).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms FXOpen supports a Desktop Platform (Windows) and ZuluTrade, whereas FXPrimus supports a Desktop Platform (Windows) and cTrader.. Neither have Proprietary Platform and DupliTrade
Does FXOpen offer MetaTrader? Does FXPrimus offer MetaTrader?
Both FXOpen and FXPrimus offer the whole MetaTrader suite, which consists of both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. If you’re new to MetaTrader 4 here’s our educational guide on how to use MT4.
How do FXOpen and FXPrimus differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
FXOpen requires a minimum deposit of $100, while FXPrimus requires a minimum deposit of $100. From our testing we found FXOpen offers spreads of N/A, while FXPrimus offers spreads of N/A. Both FXOpen and FXPrimus offer Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for deposits.. Neither have PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw)
Which broker offers more tradeable asset classes, FXOpen or FXPrimus?
FXOpen offers a more diverse selection of investment options than FXPrimus allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, ETF and U.S. Stocks (CFD).. Neither have Spread Betting and Agriculturals Looking at total tradeable symbols, FXOpen has 87, compared to 140 from FXPrimus.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with FXOpen or FXPrimus?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither FXOpen nor FXPrimus allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, FXOpen or FXPrimus?
In terms of research and research tools FXOpen gives traders the following tools: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison FXPrimus has the tools listed here: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts and Social Trading / Copy Trading.. Neither have Autochartist and Trading Central (Recognia)
Overall winner: FXOpen
Popular Forex Reviews
Popular Forex Guides
We review each broker’s overall global offering – a “Yes” checkmark in our Compare Tool does not guarantee the availability of any specific features in your country of residence. To verify the availability of any features within your country of residence, please contact the broker directly.