HFM vs RoboForex (RoboMarkets) Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare HFM vs RoboForex (RoboMarkets).
Can I trust HFM?
HFM has a trust score of 85, giving it a "Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust RoboForex (RoboMarkets)?
RoboForex (RoboMarkets) has a trust score of 69, giving it a "High Risk" trust label.
Is HFM a good broker?
HFM, previously known as HotForex, is a trusted brand that primarily offers the MetaTrader platform suite. HFM also features its own in-house copy trading platform, HFcopy, as well as a proprietary mobile platform called the HF app (though it can't yet be used for actual trading).
Is RoboForex (RoboMarkets) a good broker?
RoboForex, also known as RoboMarkets, is a maturing brand that offers a stock trading app as well as 12,000 symbols available across its MetaTrader and cTrader platforms. However, RoboForex's Trust Score is below-average, as it currently holds only two regulatory licenses.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. HFM is FCA Authorised (U.K.), while RoboForex (RoboMarkets) is none., neither have ASIC Authorised (Australia), IIROC Authorised (Canada), SFC Authorised (Hong Kong), CBI Authorised (Ireland), FSA Authorised (Japan), MAS Authorised (Singapore), FMA Authorised (New Zealand), FINMA Authorised (Switzerland) and CFTC Registered (USA)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, HFM is CySEC Authorised (Cyprus), FSCA Authorised (South Africa) and DFSA / Central Bank Authorised (UAE), while RoboForex (RoboMarkets) is CySEC Authorised (Cyprus)., neither have CBRC Authorised (China), SEBI Authorised (India), ISA Authorised (Israel), CBR Authorised (Russia) and SEC Authorised (Thailand). When comparing tier-3 licenses HFM is FSC Authorised (Mauritius), while RoboForex (RoboMarkets) is IFSC Authorised (Belize)., neither have SCB Authorised (Bahamas), BMA Authorised (Bermuda), FSC Authorised (British Virgin Islands), CIMA Authorised (Cayman Islands) and VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
Both HFM and RoboForex (RoboMarkets) offer a Desktop Platform (Windows)., neither have Proprietary Platform, cTrader, DupliTrade and ZuluTrade
Does HFM offer MetaTrader? Does RoboForex (RoboMarkets) offer MetaTrader?
Both HFM and RoboForex (RoboMarkets) offer the whole MetaTrader suite, which consists of both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. If you’re new to MetaTrader 4 here’s our educational guide on how to use MT4.
How do HFM and RoboForex (RoboMarkets) differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
HFM requires a minimum deposit of $5, while RoboForex (RoboMarkets) requires a minimum deposit of $100. From our testing we found HFM offers spreads of 1.2 (August 2021), while RoboForex (RoboMarkets) offers spreads of 1.4 (Jan 2022). HFM supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for popular funding options, where RoboForex (RoboMarkets) supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit), PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw).
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, HFM or RoboForex (RoboMarkets)?
HFM offers a more diverse selection of investment options than RoboForex (RoboMarkets) allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals, ETF and U.S. Stocks (CFD)., neither have Spread Betting Looking at total tradeable symbols, HFM has 3500, compared to 12000 from RoboForex (RoboMarkets).
Can I trade cryptocurrency with HFM or RoboForex (RoboMarkets)?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither HFM nor RoboForex (RoboMarkets) allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, HFM or RoboForex (RoboMarkets)?
In terms of research and research tools HFM gives traders the following tools: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison RoboForex (RoboMarkets) has the tools listed here: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading., neither have Trading Central (Recognia)
Overall winner: HFM
Popular Forex Reviews
Popular Forex Guides
We review each broker’s overall global offering – a “Yes” checkmark in our Compare Tool does not guarantee the availability of any specific features in your country of residence. To verify the availability of any features within your country of residence, please contact the broker directly.