Moneta Markets vs IronFX Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare Moneta Markets vs IronFX.
Can I trust Moneta Markets?
Moneta Markets has a trust score of 71, giving it a "Average Risk" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust IronFX?
IronFX has a trust score of 84, giving it a "Trusted" trust label.
Is Moneta Markets a good broker?
Moneta Markets, part of the Vantage Group, is an up and coming brand that provides MetaTrader alongside its own web and mobile apps. That said, its pricing, education, and research still have room to improve if it wants to compete with the best forex brokers.
Is IronFX a good broker?
IronFX is a MetaTrader-only broker that has worked hard to rebuild its trust factor by securing additional regulatory licenses, as well as taking action to improve the brand's offerings. Spreads at IronFX are higher than the industry average, but the broker has done a nice job putting together some decent educational materials for beginners.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. Moneta Markets is Australia (ASIC Authorised), while IronFX is Australia (ASIC Authorised) and United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised).. Neither have Canada (SRO Authorised), Hong Kong (SFC Authorised), CBI Authorised (Ireland), Japan (SFC Authorised), Singapore (MAS Authorised), New Zealand (FMA Authorised), Switzerland (FINMA Authorised) and USA (CFTC Authorized)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, Moneta Markets is South Africa (FSCA Authorised), while IronFX is Cyprus (CySEC Authorised).. Neither have China (CBRC Authorised), India (SEBI Authorised), Israel (ISA Authorised), Russia (CBR Authorised), Thailand (SEC Authorised) and UAE (DFSA/Central Bank Authorised). When comparing tier-3 licenses Moneta Markets is none, while IronFX is Bermuda (BMA Authorised).. Neither have Bahamas (SCB Authorised), Belize (FSC Authorised), British Virgin Islands (FSC Authorised), Cayman Islands (CIMA Authorised), Mauritius (FSC Authorised) and Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms Moneta Markets supports a Desktop Platform (Windows), DupliTrade and ZuluTrade, whereas IronFX supports a Desktop Platform (Windows).. Neither have Proprietary Platform and cTrader
Does Moneta Markets offer MetaTrader? Does IronFX offer MetaTrader?
For MetaTrader Moneta Markets provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5), while IronFX provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4). If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers.
How do Moneta Markets and IronFX differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
Moneta Markets requires a minimum deposit of $50, while IronFX requires a minimum deposit of $50. From our testing we found Moneta Markets offers spreads of 1.27, while IronFX offers spreads of 1.2. Moneta Markets supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw) and Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) for popular funding options, where IronFX supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw).. Neither have PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw)
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, Moneta Markets or IronFX?
Moneta Markets offers a more diverse selection of investment options than IronFX allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals, ETF and U.S. Stocks (CFD).. Neither have Spread Betting Looking at total tradeable symbols, Moneta Markets has 965, compared to 340 from IronFX.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with Moneta Markets or IronFX?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither Moneta Markets nor IronFX allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, Moneta Markets or IronFX?
Both Moneta Markets and IronFX offer a complete suite of research, providing traders with these tools: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading.. Neither have Autochartist
Overall winner: Moneta Markets
Popular Forex Reviews
Popular Forex Guides
We review each broker’s overall global offering – a “Yes” checkmark in our Compare Tool does not guarantee the availability of any specific features in your country of residence. To verify the availability of any features within your country of residence, please contact the broker directly.