Tickmill vs RoboForex (RoboMarkets) Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare Tickmill vs RoboForex (RoboMarkets).
Can I trust Tickmill?
Tickmill has a trust score of 82, giving it a "Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust RoboForex (RoboMarkets)?
RoboForex (RoboMarkets) has a trust score of 69, giving it a "High Risk" trust label.
Is Tickmill a good broker?
Tickmill is an excellent, low-cost MetaTrader broker – its Pro and VIP accounts are among the least expensive in the industry. That said, Tickmill offers fewer CFDs than the leading multi-asset forex brokers (though its offering continues to grow).
Is RoboForex (RoboMarkets) a good broker?
RoboForex, also known as RoboMarkets, is a maturing brand that offers a stock trading app as well as 12,000 symbols available across its MetaTrader and cTrader platforms. However, RoboForex's Trust Score is below-average, as it currently holds only two regulatory licenses.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. Tickmill is United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised), while RoboForex (RoboMarkets) is none.. Neither have Australia (ASIC Authorised), Canada (SRO Authorised), Hong Kong (SFC Authorised), CBI Authorised (Ireland), Japan (SFC Authorised), Singapore (MAS Authorised), New Zealand (FMA Authorised), Switzerland (FINMA Authorised) and USA (CFTC Authorized)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, Tickmill is Cyprus (CySEC Authorised), South Africa (FSCA Authorised) and UAE (DFSA/Central Bank Authorised), while RoboForex (RoboMarkets) is Cyprus (CySEC Authorised).. Neither have China (CBRC Authorised), India (SEBI Authorised), Israel (ISA Authorised), Russia (CBR Authorised) and Thailand (SEC Authorised). When comparing tier-3 licenses Tickmill is none, while RoboForex (RoboMarkets) is Belize (FSC Authorised).. Neither have Bahamas (SCB Authorised), Bermuda (BMA Authorised), British Virgin Islands (FSC Authorised), Cayman Islands (CIMA Authorised), Mauritius (FSC Authorised) and Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
Both Tickmill and RoboForex (RoboMarkets) offer a Desktop Platform (Windows).. Neither have Proprietary Platform, cTrader, DupliTrade and ZuluTrade
Does Tickmill offer MetaTrader? Does RoboForex (RoboMarkets) offer MetaTrader?
Both Tickmill and RoboForex (RoboMarkets) offer the whole MetaTrader suite, which consists of both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. If you’re new to MetaTrader 4 here’s our educational guide on how to use MT4.
How do Tickmill and RoboForex (RoboMarkets) differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
Tickmill requires a minimum deposit of $100, while RoboForex (RoboMarkets) requires a minimum deposit of $100. From our testing we found Tickmill offers spreads of 0.51, while RoboForex (RoboMarkets) offers spreads of 1.4. Both Tickmill and RoboForex (RoboMarkets) offer Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit), PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for deposits.
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, Tickmill or RoboForex (RoboMarkets)?
Tickmill offers a more diverse selection of investment options than RoboForex (RoboMarkets) allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals and U.S. Stocks (CFD).. Neither have Spread Betting Looking at total tradeable symbols, Tickmill has 725, compared to 12000 from RoboForex (RoboMarkets).
Can I trade cryptocurrency with Tickmill or RoboForex (RoboMarkets)?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither Tickmill nor RoboForex (RoboMarkets) allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, Tickmill or RoboForex (RoboMarkets)?
In terms of research and research tools Tickmill gives traders the following tools: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison RoboForex (RoboMarkets) has the tools listed here: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading.. Neither have Trading Central (Recognia)
Overall winner: Tickmill
Popular Forex Reviews
Popular Forex Guides
We review each broker’s overall global offering – a “Yes” checkmark in our Compare Tool does not guarantee the availability of any specific features in your country of residence. To verify the availability of any features within your country of residence, please contact the broker directly.