FXCM vs ATFX Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2023 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare FXCM vs ATFX.
Can I trust FXCM?
FXCM has a trust score of 96, giving it a "Highly Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust ATFX?
ATFX has a trust score of 70, giving it a "Average Risk" trust label.
Is FXCM a good broker?
FXCM, a Jefferies Group company, is a long-standing brand that caters to global forex and CFD traders. It offers multiple trading platforms for alogrithmic trading and social copy-trading alongside it's flagship platform suite. The range of markets available at FXCM has increased following the addition of its share trading feature, and its known for providing robust market research – though pricing at FXM is just average.
Is ATFX a good broker?
ATFX is a MetaTrader-only broker, regulated primarily in the U.K., Cyprus, and Mauritius. ATFX demonstrates potential as MetaTrader broker, yet has considerable room to grow across key categories such as the range of markets and trading platforms.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. FXCM is Australia (ASIC Authorised), Canada (SRO Authorised) and United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised), while ATFX is United Kingdom (U.K.) (FCA Authorised).. Neither have Hong Kong (SFC Authorised), CBI Authorised (Ireland), Japan (SFC Authorised), Singapore (MAS Authorised), New Zealand (FMA Authorised), Switzerland (FINMA Authorised) and USA (CFTC Authorized)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, FXCM is Cyprus (CySEC Authorised), Israel (ISA Authorised) and South Africa (FSCA Authorised), while ATFX is Cyprus (CySEC Authorised).. Neither have China (CBRC Authorised), India (SEBI Authorised), Russia (CBR Authorised), Thailand (SEC Authorised) and UAE (DFSA/Central Bank Authorised). When comparing tier-3 licenses FXCM is none, while ATFX is Mauritius (FSC Authorised).. Neither have Bahamas (SCB Authorised), Belize (FSC Authorised), Bermuda (BMA Authorised), British Virgin Islands (FSC Authorised), Cayman Islands (CIMA Authorised) and Vanuatu (VFSC Authorised).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms FXCM supports a Proprietary Platform, Desktop Platform (Windows) and ZuluTrade, whereas ATFX supports a Desktop Platform (Windows).. Neither have cTrader and DupliTrade
Does FXCM offer MetaTrader? Does ATFX offer MetaTrader?
Both FXCM and ATFX offer the whole MetaTrader suite, which consists of both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. If you’re new to MetaTrader 4 here’s our educational guide on how to use MT4.. Neither have MetaTrader 5 (MT5)
How do FXCM and ATFX differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
FXCM requires a minimum deposit of Starts from $50, while ATFX requires a minimum deposit of $500. From our testing we found FXCM offers spreads of 1.38, while ATFX offers spreads of N/A. FXCM supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit), PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for popular funding options, where ATFX supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw).
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, FXCM or ATFX?
FXCM offers a more diverse selection of investment options than ATFX allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Spread Betting, Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals and U.S. Stocks (CFD). Looking at total tradeable symbols, FXCM has 440, compared to 150 from ATFX.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with FXCM or ATFX?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither FXCM nor ATFX allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, FXCM or ATFX?
In terms of research and research tools FXCM gives traders the following tools: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison ATFX has the tools listed here: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading.
Overall winner: FXCM
Popular Forex Reviews
Popular Forex Guides
We review each broker’s overall global offering – a “Yes” checkmark in our Compare Tool does not guarantee the availability of any specific features in your country of residence. To verify the availability of any features within your country of residence, please contact the broker directly.